Cheetos are undoubtedly one of America’s favourite snacks and for a very good reason! If you’re a Cheetos fan, you’ll know all about having 'Cheetos dust fingers' or 'Cheetle fingers' when eating a bag of Cheetos. You just can't eat Cheetos without licking your fingers!
Here at Candymail.co.uk we import a massive selection of American candy, drinks and snacks from America and we’ve been doing some fact finding about US Cheetos and found some entertaining Cheetos facts and myths.
What are Cheetos?
If Cheetos are new to you, then you’re in for a real treat, these cheese flavour American puff snacks are famous around the world. Made with real cheese for maximum flavour, they are also now famous for their extreme hot (that’s flamin’ hot) cheese flavour. Cheetos definitely bring a cheesy, delicious crunch to snack time whatever the time of day.
US Cheetos Facts
- Cheetos were in fact created in the States back in 1948. Today the Cheetos brand is owned by PepsiCo, who may have heard of, it’s that American multinational corporation who produce cola.
- Another Cheetos fact, and probably not surprising, it that these much loved cheese puffs snacks are one of the top selling snacks in the United States.
- The original Cheetos are still produced, but there are 21 different types of Cheetos in North America alone.
- Cheetos are sold around the world in more than 36 countries. Often the flavours are created to fit with the different cultures and tastes of a country. How would you fancy trying Cheetos Savoury American Cream in China or Strawberry Cheetos in Japan!
- Ever wondered about the cheetah on the Cheetos packet - well, meet Chester the Cheetah, he’s the Cheetos brand mascot.
Why are the US made Cheetos are technically banned in the UK?
Many Cheetos fans say the UK version doesn’t compare with the US made Cheetos, but are American Cheetos banned in the UK?
It looks like this comes down to an EU regulation, where certain additives, preservatives or ingredients are not permitted in food products in the EU/UK. So, this makes the US made Cheetos not readily available in the UK, but we can import them from America and sell Cheetos in the UK.
Can Cheetos Kill You?
Too much of anything can probably kill you, but too many Cheetos!?! We had a giggle or two over this Cheetos myth. Like many urban myths today, it was fuelled by an Instagram post from Soundcloud rapper Lil Xan who had apparently been in hospital due to eating too many Flamin’ Hot Cheetos! Well, that’s the Instagram story, but don’t panic there’s no evidence that Cheetos can actually kill you!
It is true though that Doctors have been frustrated with Flamin’ Hot Cheetos over recent years as the red dye used to make them turns certain bodily functions and vomit red resulting in totally unnecessary hospital visits.
Why we love Cheetos Flavours
There are some amazing flavours and varieties of Cheetos. We love these Cheetos Cheese and Ketchup Spirals or the Cheetos Rock, Paw, Scissors variety, which not only come in some great flavours but are endless fun too. You’ve just got to try Cheetos Flamin’ Hot Popcorn, with all the extreme heat you love but in popcorn, it’s pure genius!
Here at Candymail we import US made Cheetos, that’s the genuine Cheetos from America, guaranteed to turn your fingers red. They are extremely popular and sell out quick, so don’t miss out on your favourite Cheetos cheesy snack. Check out our range of crunchy Cheetos cheese snacks online and available in the UK today.